Saturday, February 16, 2008

Galactica 1980 (or, The Fanboy's Nightmare)

I received the dvd of Galactica 1980 for my birthday. I asked for it. Really, I did. I'm a BSG fan from way back.

I've seen Galactica 1980 before, and I knew it was bad, but the dvd has made that clearer than ever before. It's a bad show when you watch one episode per day or week. It's a terrible show when you try to watch 4 hours of it all at once.

Honestly, someone should do a study to see if purchasers of the dvd have a higher suicide rate, or perhaps a higher incidence of depression. Heck, they probably have higher rates of substance abuse as well. You need something to get through more than 5 minutes of "The Super Scouts." (if you don't know what that means, consider yourself lucky)

I spent today catching up on V the series. Now that's good TV. It picks up right where the mini-series left off, with the same characters, and moves in a reasonably logical direction. Plus there's lots of 80's style action...you know...slick soldier-of-fortune type dudes running around with submachine guns in improbable yet eerily realistic plots. Kinda like the A-team with reptilian aliens.

Mmmmmm.....goood.

No comments: